Early Childhood Float Teacher
Early Childhood Center Float Teacher will fill in for staff that are absent and help to plan and execute appropriate activities; observe and evaluate children’s development; and will works collaboratively as part of a team.
- Provide high-quality customer service to our clients in a manner which reflects the mission and values of the Sabes JCC ECC.
- Provide a positive and nurturing environment for our children.
- Implement daily schedule and curriculum that meets the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of the children and that align with developmentally appropriate practices that meet the Minnesota Early Learning Standards.
- To observe health and safety of children and report any condition needing attention, help children with eating, dressing, toileting, and sleeping habits.
- Assist in the room maintenance to keep the classroom and center safe, clean, attractive, and in compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Provide support and share resources with co-workers.
- Know and follow the ECC health and behavior policies and guidelines.
- Foster relationships with families and maintain privacy of families and children.
- Greet children and parents warmly each day.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and trainings and other ECC special events.
- Check and respond to email and voice mail daily.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Meet Rule 3 DHS requirements for position.
- A passion for working with young children and their families.
- Have effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Be able to use general forms of technology (email, internet, word, voicemail, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with people at all levels and in all settings relevant to the Sabes JCC organization mission and ECC vision.
- Ability to relate to a highly diverse environment and to be a team player.
- Ability to function productively in a fast-paced high-pressure environment, work independently and accept direction.
- Have energy and physical stamina.
- Flexible, good judgment, discretion, confidentiality.
- Anticipate and prevent problems; utilize problem solving skills.
- Calm and positive attitude.
- Be able to engage in all classroom daily activities (lifting up to 35 pounds, pushing up to 100 pounds, bending/kneeling/sitting at child level (on floor) for various activities; diapering; assisting with nap time; swimming; and ensuring children are within sight and sound at all times.)
- Available to work needed hours within 7am-6pm.
To apply for this position please send resume to Shannon Rader at firstname.lastname@example.org.