Reopening The JCC
School Age Childcare
Session 1: July 13-31
Session 2: August 3-21
- Hours of operation:8:30am to 5pm.
- Children entering grades K-6.
- Two 3-week sessions (See Above)
Health and Safety Protocols
- We are implementing protocols and procedures guided by guidelines set forth by the CDC and MDH.
- Staff and children will be screened each morning before entering the building and joining the program. They will not be allowed inside if they do not clear the screening process.
- We have eliminated higher risk activities that would be difficult to apply social distancing.
- Based on current guidelines, masks will be required in enclosed spaces, or when social distancing is not possible. Children and staff will not be required to wear masks when outdoors and socially distant.
- The entire facility will be deep cleaned and disinfected prior to opening.
- Custodial staff will disinfect childcare spaces, restroom doors & surfaces, push bars & door handles
- Staff will be trained on specific protocols and expected to disinfect classroom toys/games, eating surfaces, balls or smaller items, sandbox toys, etc.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
- Childcare participants must enter through the ECC entrance on the North side of the building.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the building; staff will meet the children outside
- You will be asked a few health-related questions when dropping off your child.
- Your child’s temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer.
- Please be patient as this process may take extra time to implement.
- Children will immediately wash hands upon entering the classrooms.
- Teachers will wear gloves when accepting items from the parents.
Classrooms and Play Spaces
- K-6 Childcare program will be restricted to the main level of the Barry Family Campus in 5 separate classrooms,”. Each classroom will have a designated bathroom to use.
- Exterior activities will be limited to the JCC field.
- The playground and field spaces are open for use with the following guidelines:
- Groups will spread out on the field to allow for social distancing.
- Playgrounds are to be disinfected between each use.
- Children and staff will wash their hands as soon as they re-enter the classroom.
Kitchen and Food Protocols
- All lunches should be in disposable plastic or brown paper bags only.
- Soft-sided lunch containers are not permitted.
- Tupperware containers and silverware are not permitted.
- Snacks will be limited to individual serving types.
Staff Procedures and Training
- Prior to the first day, all staff will receive extensive training on the new protocols we have in place.
Response If People Are Sick
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the JCC, staff leadership will follow the guidance from the Health Department that includes protocols for closing, investigating, cleaning and reopening.
- The JCC will communicate quickly and transparently.
What will be the operating hours of school-age childcare?
We will be open from 8:30am -5pm Monday through Friday.
How will the age groups be divided?
School-age childcare groups will be divided according to the number of registrations we receive and all efforts will be made to divide the groups by K-3 and 4-6.
Who will be the staff?
We are working diligently to hire veteran Camp Olami staff and other qualified childcare workers. Group lists will be sent in advance on the first day of care.
How is this program different than Camp Olami?
The modifications that were required of camp programming, such as large group gatherings for flagpole & Z’mirot, field trips, prevented us from providing a program that would look like camp. This childcare structure will provide a safe and engaging opportunity for children to stay busy and active during the summer. We will avoid co-mingling between each group as much as possible.
What will my child be doing all day?
All programming will be housed at the JCC. We will spend as much time outside as possible, filling days with art projects, no-contact games, reading stories, playground time, and more.
How will drop off and pick up work?
For now, parents will not be permitted to enter the building. JCC staff will escort the children from their parents to their classrooms. More information to come including specific instructions.
Can you guarantee my child won’t be exposed or get sick?
We are unable to guarantee that your child will not be exposed to Covid-19 or other illnesses. We are following the recommendations of the CDC, MDH and local leaders to create protocols and procedure to minimize risk.
What if my child fits into one of the vulnerable categories?
It is recommended that your child stay at home.
What happens if a child or parent of a child is diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the JCC, leadership staff will follow the guidance from the Health Department that includes protocols for closing, investigating, cleaning and reopening.
What type of training will the staff receive?
Prior to the first day, all staff will receive extensive training on the new protocols and procedures that we are implementing.
Will children, parents and staff be required to wear masks?
Based on current guidelines, masks will be required in enclosed spaces or when social distancing is not possible. Children and staff will not be required to wear masks when outside or socially distant. The CDC is currently reviewing the best policies related to use of masks by children; we will provide guidance before the program begins. All adults will be required to wear a mask.
Will you be able to apply social distancing practices with children?
We cannot guarantee that social distancing will be followed with this age group, but we will be working with our children to learn about personal space and boundaries. We will limit intermingling between the classrooms to emphasize social distancing and minimize the number of people your children are exposed to.
What’s the cost?
You will be charged $1000/child for each 3-week session. Your credit card will be billed on July 6.