Group Exercise Instructor
The role of a Group Exercise Instructor is to provide safe, fun, effective and entertaining class experiences to enhance the spirit, mind, and body of our members, and offer a non-threatening environment that encourages relationship building and promotes a healthy lifestyle.
- Lead structured exercise classes according to the class description/requirements tailored to the JCC class participants needs and abilities.
- Assist with the maintenance of exercise equipment (i.e. steps, stability balls, rubber tubing, hand weights, mats, etc.)
- Assist in the planning, implementation and/or marketing of group exercise special events.
- Offer useful, tactful, and safe advice to individuals regarding their exercise program and/or use of equipment.
- Inform facility users of various Health and Wellness related classes and programs.
- Enforce all facility and program policies.
- Must attend all Group Fitness quarterly meetings.
- Ability to conduct safe and effective exercise classes.
- Experience teaching aerobics to various groups.
- An understanding of strength training and cardiovascular exercise.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to assist individuals in developing a safe and effective exercise program.
- Good communication skills.
- Ensure an excellent experience for members and guests by maintaining the standards set in the Sabes JCC Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and Sabes JCC Brand Standards.
- Current CPR, First Aid and AED certification (or within 3 months of hire).
- A National Certification or degree in exercise-related science. National Certifications that qualify include, but are not limited to, ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NETA and Zumba. Program specific certifications required in addition to a National Certification.
- It is the responsibility of the instructor to maintain all necessary certifications and to provide the JCC with a copy of all current certifications and continuing education.
Questions: Please contact Jory Kircher at email@example.com.