The Marketing Director will lead and guide the efforts of the marketing department and is responsible for managing the successful implementation of comprehensive marketing strategies for the Minnesota JCCs, including the marketing and branding of the JCC collaboration. The Marketing Director will manage the marketing process from research and planning to execution and analysis. This position works closely with all JCC Program Managers and supervises the marketing team which is responsible for JCC brand initiatives, print and collateral, website, digital and social media, public relations, signage and other marketing and branding initiatives. This position is specifically responsible for PR, copywriting and editing for the JCC and all programs. This is a full- time, exempt position that reports to the Chief Communications Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop a comprehensive marketing plan for the JCC in coordination with the Chief Communications Officer and the Executive Team. Ensure that the JCC’s philosophy, mission and vision are the foundation of all marketing and communications
- Develop and coordinate all Public Relations efforts
- Serve as copywriter and editor for all JCC communications
- Participate in the development of JCC branding and corporate identity initiatives. Ensure consistent communication of the brand image throughout the JCC and to all stakeholders
- Lead marketing team in developing specific marketing plans for JCC programs
- Measure the success of marketing, communications and public relations programs to achieve financial and participatory objectives
- Develop and monitor the Marketing Department budget
- Identify and respond to changing needs and opportunities for marketing JCC programs and events
- Utilize new developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations to increase efficacy
- Supervise and evaluate the Marketing staff to ensure a high functioning team that can meet the ongoing changing marketing needs day to day as well as long term marketing initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or public relations
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in marketing or communications, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Proven track record and leadership skills to motivate others to work towards common performance objectives
- Demonstrated successful experience copywriting/editing and PR efforts
- Demonstrated experience visioning, developing and executing strategic plans to achieve both short and long term goals
- Experience with budgeting process and fiscal management
- Experience and understanding of design and production processes and strategies
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/issues at a time
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, enthusiasm, patience, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Strong commitment to the mission of the JCC
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee in this position. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Sabes and St. Paul JCCs provide equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment in accordance with applicable laws. Personnel decisions are made on the basis of merit and the needs of the organization. The Sabes and St. Paul JCCs do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, military or veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or any other status protected by law.
Interested candidates can send resume and cover letter to Beth Seppelt, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.