Following are the current open positions at the Sabes JCC. If you are interested in one of these positions, we are accepting applications at this time. Please send the application to the contact listed for that specific position.
Health & Fitness and Service Desk Associate
Now accepting applications for people with outstanding customer service skills to join our team!Click here to read full job description
Interested candidates send resume and cover letter to Tonya Bates at email@example.com
Youth, Sports and Recreation Job Opportunities
The Sabes JCC is looking for enthusiastic, motivated and reliable young adults (18+) for various positions working in our youth health and wellness programs. We have several job opportunities within our sports and recreation department, health and wellness department, and working in our kids fitness center (KidsFit). Individuals who are high energy, friendly and enjoy working with children in a sports related or active environment are wanted!
- Dodgeball League referee/scorekeepers
- Ultimate Frisbee League referee/scorekeepers
- Soccer League coaches/referees/scorekeepers
- KidsFit Bootcamp Instructors
- KidsFit Club Floor staff
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Experience working with children (ages 5-12) and teenagers
- Sports league experience is recommended (i.e. coaching, refereeing, scorekeeping, participating)
- Health and wellness field experience is recommended
- Enthusiastic, energetic and positive personality
- Clear and effective communication skills
Interested candidates please contact Derek Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Minneapolis Film Festival Intern
Interested an internship with the 2013 Minneapolis Jewish Film Festival? We are currently accepting resumes for the Festival Communications Intern and the Festival Event Intern positions. For more information about these positions, please email Jen Abzug Zaligson at email@example.com
Daycare Provider for Sasha's Play Space
The Sasha's Space provider is responsible for providing a safe, positive and nurturing environment while giving excellent care and customer service for children and parents that are using Sasha's Play Space.
- Responsible for the general health, happiness, and safety of all children in Sasha's Play Space
- Interact and develop relationships with the children, their parents, and the fellow staff members in Sasha's
- Maintain control of children and ensure children are safe and behaving appropriately
- Enforce room rules and policies kindly but firmly
- Check telephone messages and take reservations
- Care for each child in Sasha's Play Space by playing with and engaging them and changing them when necessary
- Communicate concerns or problems to Sasha's Play Space Coordinator
- Wash toys after each shift and puts the room back together. Help maintain the condition of the equipment and room
- Make sure that the ratios in the room are maintained. This includes, but is not limited to, making and checking reservations and checking the signing in/out.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Excellent customer service and personal skills with both members and fellow staff
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good team participant
- 3-5 years experience working with children
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- CPR and first aid certified
Contact Heather Moor, Sasha's Coordinator, at 952-381-3459 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Potential candidates will have six months of personal training experience with a BA in exercise physiology or related area, and/or nationally accepted certifications from the following list: American Council on Exercise / ACSM-American College of Sports Medicine / NASM-National Academy of Sports Medicine / NSCA-National Strength and Conditioning Association Aerobics / Fitness Association of America / COOPER / International Sports Science Association of America. CPR/First Aid certification is also required.
Excellent physical fitness is expected, as is a high level of professionalism and discretion. Successful candidates will be dependable and have a strong work ethic, as well as possess excellent verbal, promotional, and superior customer service skills.
This job also requires persons who are skilled in the safe and proper use of machine weights, free weights, and cardiovascular equipment. Applicants must be able to demonstrate or verbally explain proper equipment usage. Related work involves standing for long periods of time and requires bending, twisting, pulling, reaching, stretching, straining, kneeling, grasping, gripping, and frequent lifting of up to fifty pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
Contact Donna Heck at 952.381.3418 or email at email@example.com
Fitness Center Attendant
Staff will provide a high level of customer service for members in our fitness center. Staff is also responsible for general cleanliness of the fitness center and equipment, providing general instruction on the use of equipment, and providing assistance to members when necessary. Ideal candidates must be enthusiastic about fitness, familiar with cardiovascular and strength equipment, and have general fitness knowledge. This is a part-time position with early morning, evening, and weekend hours available.
Contact Donna Heck at 952.381.3418 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Exercise Instructor
This high energy individual will lead members, in a group environment, through a pre-arranged format of exercises designed to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance, while ensuring that the safety of the members at all times. The Group Exercise Instructor will also serve as a resource to educate members on various aspects of fitness and wellness
In addition to a minimum of 6 months teaching in a group exercise format, you must possess a nationally recognized group fitness certification and current CPR/AED certification and basic first aid training.
Contact Donna Cohen Heck at 952.381.3418 or email at email@example.com
Lifeguards, Water Safety Instructors, Water Safety Aides
We are currently looking for fun, energetic, safe and customer service oriented individuals to help staff our indoor pools and outdoor pools for the summer. (Positions available immediately as well!)
Lifeguards must be currently certified by the American Red Cross on date of hire. Water Safety Instructor certification is not required for swimming instructors, but strongly suggested.
Applicants must be available for varied shifts. Positions are currently available!!
Lifeguard salaries range from $8.50 to $12.00 DOQ
WSI salaries range from $12.00 to $15 DOQ
WSA salaries DOQ
Positions are filling quickly...
Applicants must have current appropriate certifications.
Contact Lynn Sainati,at 952.381.3422 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To download an application click here.