St. Paul ECC Director
The Early Childhood Center Director is responsible for creating a safe, nurturing, enriching environment for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years old. This position will develop and implement the day to day operations of the program, hire and supervise the staff, and is accountable for fiscal efficiency and effective management including: planning, organizing and directing all operational procedures, policies and practices for the ECC.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee in this position. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Work in partnership with ECC leadership team to create overall strategic vision for the St. Paul ECC
- Ensure the safety, health, and well-being of all children and staff in the ECC
- Create an inclusive, nurturing, enriching, creative environment conducive to active learning for children
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and mentor staff
- Oversee annual budget by developing and meeting financial targets
- Oversee annual enrollment; including entrance, transitions, and exits
- Maintain ongoing, regular communication with families about ECC programs and policies, needs of children, and concerns of families
- Work with ECC leadership team to coordinate and facilitate staff meetings and professional development
- Operate the ECC program in compliance of the Minnesota Department of Human Services standards for licensing and other governmental and agency standards
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Elementary Education or related field
- 5+ years of administrative experience in an early childhood setting including staff supervision and fiscal management
- Knowledge and understanding of Minnesota Department of Human Services standards for licensing
- Understanding of early learning standards for best practices for implementation and alignment of Kindergarten readiness
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate staff to work towards common performance objectives
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions
- Commitment to equity, diversity, environmental stewardship, and social justice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and dedication to providing exceptional customer service
- Commitment to the highest professional and ethical standards
- Assistant ECE Director at the Capp Site
- ECC Administrator
- Assistant Teachers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate with others. In the office setting, this is primarily a sedentary role, which requires the employee to sit at a desk for consecutive hours at a time using a computer or other office equipment. Additional physical requirements include occasional bending, crouching, reaching and lifting.
EEOC Statement: The MN JCC provides equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment in accordance with applicable laws. Personnel decisions are made on the basis of merit and the needs of the organization. The MN JCC does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, military or veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or any other status protected by law.
Interested candidates can send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.