EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER – INFANT CLASSROOM TEACHER
The Sabes JCC Early Childhood Center is seeking a warm, gentle, and flexible infant teacher who has experience caring for children ages 6 weeks to 16 months. Toddler teachers have the opportunity to support children to develop independence, build physical and emotional strength, and develop a healthy sense of self and safety within a strong community of loving caregivers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide high-quality care to infants and families in a manner which reflects the mission and values of the Sabes JCC ECC.
- Provide support to each child to reach their potential through observation and gentle guidance.
- Meet the daily needs of the infants through respectful caregiving activities such as diapering, meals, and napping.
- Assist in the room maintenance to keep the classroom and center a safe, clean, and loving environment.
- Rotate classroom materials regularly based on the observed interests of the infants, ECC monthly Jewish theme, and developmental stage.
- Foster relationships with families through daily communication regarding activity, growth, and development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree or minimum number credits in Early Childhood Education or an ECE related field, or a CDA, in addition to 2 years of experience working with young children in a supervised setting.
- Have exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Have an even, calm, and positive attitude and demeanor.
- Being Jewish is not required but can be a benefit.
- Health and Fitness Center Family Membership (group fitness classes, indoor and outdoor pool, sauna, indoor running track, indoor/outdoor sport court)
- Reciprocity with St. Paul JCC
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Childcare discount
- Bereavement Leave
- Monthly Staff Appreciation/Birthday lunch celebrations
- Numerous Staff Development opportunities throughout the year
Questions: Please contact Deborah Taillon, ECC – Assistant Director at 952.381.3435 or firstname.lastname@example.org .