Camp Olami Administrative Specialist & Early Childhood Center Classroom Float Teacher
The Camp Olami Administrative Specialist is responsible for supporting the Camp Director and Assistant Director in executing day-to-day administration. During the off-season, the Administrative Specialist will manage the registration process and camper forms, and make field trip & transportation reservations. Summer responsibilities include general office maintenance, administration of first aid & medication, welcoming parents, campers, and staff as the first face at the Camp Olami office. The ECC Float teacher will fill in for staff that are absent and help to plan and execute appropriate activities; observe and evaluate children’s development; and work collaboratively as part of a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assist Director and Assistant Director in complying with American Camping Association guidelines such as form management, behavior policies & documentation.
- Serve as Camp Registrar.
- Building & managing intake of required camper paperwork.
- Manage ordering and inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Maintain record keeping procedures such as camper attendance, allergy lists, birthday list, enrollment reports, etc.
- Manage room reservations, social media postings, check requests, snack & medical supply ordering, and other staff requests as assigned.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and trainings and other Camp Olami special events.
- Assist with additional group coverage as needed; including any long-term coverage needs.
- Maintain a safe, clean, attractive office space.
ECC Float Teacher
- Implement daily schedule and curriculum that meets the academic, social, emotional, and physical needs of the children and that align with developmentally appropriate practices that meet the Minnesota Early Learning Standards.
- Observe health and safety of children and report any condition needing attention, help children with eating, dressing, toileting, and sleeping habits.
- Assist in the room maintenance to keep the classroom and center safe, clean, attractive, and in compliance with health and safety requirements.
- Know and follow the ECC health and behavior policies and guidelines.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and trainings and other ECC special events.
- Check and respond to email and voice mail daily.
- Foster relationships with families and maintain privacy of families and children.
- Provide high-quality customer service to our clients in a manner which reflects the mission and values of the Sabes JCC.
- Provide a positive and nurturing environment for our children.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 1+ year(s) childcare experience.
- 1+ year(s) experience working in an office setting.
- Meet Rule 3 DHS requirements for position.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Have effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Familiar with the use of Microsoft Office products and other forms of office communication (email, voicemail, etc).
- Able to engage in all classroom daily activities (lifting up to 35 pounds, pushing up to 100 pounds, bending/kneeling/sitting at child level (on floor) for various activities; diapering; assisting with nap time; swimming; and ensuring children are within sight and sound at all times.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with people at all levels and in all settings relevant to the Sabes JCC organization mission and ECC/ Camp Olami vision.
- Ability to relate to a highly diverse environment and to be a team player.
- Ability to function productively and reliably in a fast-paced environment, work independently and accept direction.
- Ability to manage simultaneous, multiple projects, establishing priorities and meet deadlines.
- A passion for working with young children and their families.
- Health and Fitness Center Family Membership (group fitness classes, indoor and outdoor pool, sauna, indoor running track, indoor/outdoor sport court)
- Reciprocity with St. Paul JCC
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Childcare discount
- Bereavement Leave
- Monthly Staff Appreciation/Birthday lunch celebrations
- Numerous Staff Development opportunities throughout the year
Interested candidates can send resume and cover letter to Allie Greenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.