The Masters swimming program, referred to as “Swim Coaching and Training” (SCT) has been operating since 2009 and is open to both members and non-members of the JCC. Participants come from a broad spectrum of abilities and interests. While a majority of interests are around triathlon and/or open water swim goals, exercise and basic stroke development are also common goals. Practices are geared toward those interests but vary based on the season. At times a more diverse curriculum may take priority. Practices are conducted on a participant drop-in basis.
- Working with current coach to maintain and improve the program
- Writing and conducting practices that address the needs and interests of the participants
- Working with the aquatic staff to help manage use of the pool during practices that run concurrently with health club hours
- Filming, on deck stroke analyzing and updating monthly video log
- Updating email list and welcoming new participants
- Attend Aquatic department meetings as needed
- Minimum 2 years of coaching experience (preferred)
- Competitive swimming, triathlon and open water swimming experience (preferred)
- Proficiency in teaching stroke development, stroke correction, proper technique and the ability to communicate with each swimmer at their level of understanding and ability. (required)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and adjust practices on the fly in order to coach a broad range of abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Flexible schedule to coach practices solo on Sundays and Tuesdays with a possibility of adding additional practices
Questions: Contact Heather Moor, Aquatics Coordinator at 952.381.3459 or email email@example.com.