Health & Safety Protocols
Indoor Pool & Lessons
As always, it is our goal to create a safe and healthy environment for our members and staff. Please read the protocols and procedures below so that you know what to expect. While things may feel different, our care for you remains the same.
UPDATE: Masks will be required when indoors at the JCC ages 3+. This includes those who are vaccinated and unvaccinated.
As of September 9, ECC children in the preschool and PreK classrooms will be asked to wear masks at school each day outside of snack, lunch, nap and while outdoors.
We will continue to follow the guidelines set forth by the CDC and MDH and are doing everything we can to ensure that we are creating a safe and healthy environment for all who enter our doors.
Indoor Operating Hours
Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Friday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Outdoor Operating Hours
Monday – Thursday 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Friday 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
What Will Be Available
- Lap Swim
- Private Swim Lessons
- Recreation Swim Outdoors
- Water Exercise
- Reservations are required for lap swim and water exercise through the remainder of June
- NOTE: Members will only be allowed to make one (1) reservation per day.
- JCC reserves the right to limit lap swim to 50 minutes in order to accommodate a high volume of requests
- Currently we are offering Private/Semi-Private Lessons Only. Semi-Private lessons are available to individuals in the same household.
- COVID Related Policies & Procedures
- We have followed all public health guidelines prior to reopening. We have staffed the aquatics center to ensure safety measures are being followed and that all equipment is getting disinfected appropriately. For the safety of our employees and other participants in the building, all members and staff must wear a mask. Masks may be removed while in the pool or shower.
- We ask all employees, students and families to self-screen prior to entering the JCC. If they feel sick, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive to COVID, they should not come to work or participate at the JCC.
- We have implemented a thorough and frequent cleaning regimen, in our pool areas, locker rooms, and everywhere in between. All equipment will be properly disinfected between uses, and no shared equipment will be available for use.
What Is Not Available
- Recreational Swimming Indoors
- Towel Service Available June 11th
- Loaner Equipment (goggles, noodles, etc.) Available July 1
- Men’s, Women’s and Family locker rooms will be open with limited capacity for changing, showering, toilets, sauna/steamroom/hot tub; lounges remain closed
- Facility will be deep cleaned and disinfected prior to opening
- Continuous disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the pool area
- Hours adjusted to allow for deeper cleaning
- Drinking fountains turned off; please bring personal water bottles filled
- Members over the age of 3 are required to wear face masks in the indoor pool area, except while in the pool. This includes those who are vaccinated and unvaccinated.
- Face masks must be worn in the locker rooms, except while showering
- Masks should be 2 or more layers of tightly woven fabric
- Completely cover your nose and mouth
- Fit snugly against your face
- Have a wire against the bridge of the nose for a tight fit
- Unacceptable masks include:
- Thin, loosely woven material and single fabric
- Neck gaiters, bandanas, and scarves
- Masks that have valves on the sides
- Mesh masks or masks with visible gaps/holes