Reopening The JCC
Indoor Pool & Lessons
We are carefully opening the Indoor Pool and Locker Rooms (limited capacity) on Tuesday, September 8. As always, it is our goal to create a safe and healthy environment for our members and staff. Please read the protocols and procedures below so that you know what to expect. While things may feel different, our care for you remains the same.
Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Friday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
What Will Be Available
- Lap Swim
- Private Swim Lessons
- Reservations are required for lap swim
- JCC reserves the right to limit lap swim to 50 minutes in order to accommodate a high volume of requests
- Habitual cancellations for lap swim may result in a temporary suspension and your ability to make a reservation
- Currently we are offering Private/Semi-Private Lessons Only. In order to adhere to proper social distancing guidelines we’re offering different lesson formats.
- Parent in water with child
- Instructor in water with face shield
- Instructor on deck.
- COVID Related Policies & Procedures
- We have followed all CDC guidelines prior to reopening. We have staffed the aquatics center to ensure safety measures are being followed and that all equipment is getting disinfected appropriately. For the safety of our employees and other participants in the building, all members and staff must wear a mask. Masks may be removed while in the pool or shower.
- We ask all employees, students and families to self-screen prior to entering the JCC. If they feel sick, they should not come to work or participate at the JCC.
- We have implemented a thorough and frequent cleaning regimen, in our pool areas, locker rooms, and everywhere in between. All equipment will be properly disinfected between uses, and no shared equipment will be available for use.
What Is Not Available
- Recreational Swimming
- Towel Service
- Loaner Equipment (goggles, noodles, etc.)
- Men’s, Women’s and Family locker rooms will be open with limited capacity for changing, showering, toilets; sauna/steamroom/hot tub, and lounges remain closed
- The locker rooms will be closed for cleaning a few times a day – schedule below
- Facility will be deep cleaned and disinfected prior to opening
- Continuous disinfection of high-touch surfaces throughout the pool area
- Hours adjusted to allow for deeper cleaning
- Drinking fountains turned off; please bring personal water bottles filled
- Members over the age of 6 are required to wear face masks in the indoor pool area, except while in the pool
- Face masks must be worn in the locker rooms, except while showering